Americanexpress.com/Confirmcard – American Express is a name that doesn’t require any introduction to financial services. This American financial giant is one of the most popular credit card providers across the globe.
American Express or simply Amex has a variety of cards for your every need. From General use personal credit cards to Business and Corporate cards, you can choose whatever you want. Best known for its top-notch customer services and best in category rewards, you can see the full list of cards offered by American Express or Amex here.
There are many cards offered by Amex and it’s not possible to cover all the cards in a single article. So, today we are going to discuss American Express Gold Card.
Americanexpress.com/Confirmcard – Get Discount
American Express Gold Card Apply
The application process for American Express Gold Card is very easy and you can also get the decision about your application approval within minutes. For applying for the Amex Gold Card, you have to follow these simple steps:
- First of all, visit the official site of American Express.
- Based on your location, you will be redirected to a country-specific website Americanexpress.com/Confirmcard.
- You can change to your preferred country from the bottom right side of the page.
- Now click on the personal cards option and choose American Express Gold Card from the list.
- Then click on, “Apply Now” option, and a new page will be opened.
- On this new page, enter these details as asked like
- Full Name
- Name you to want on the card
- Your Email id and Date of Birth
- Your Mobile number and Home address
- Your Social Security number (In case you aren’t a US resident, you can select the checkbox saying you don’t have a credit history in the US but in other countries mentioned.)
- Your Total Income and your non-taxable income (Optional).
- Now click on the “Continue to Terms” option and move to the next step.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions and submit your application.
- After submitting, you will receive the decision in minutes, in case of approval you will receive your physical American Express Gold card within weeks.
- If you don’t receive the decision instantly, you can check your application status here.
You can also apply for American Express Gold Card through your phone, call 1 -800 -243 -3888 but keep in mind through this process, you can only for regular credit cards and can’t use this method for applying for a special offer through an email or online promotion.
American Express Gold Card Activation
Activating American Express Gold Card is very easy and can be done by any of the methods listed below.
- American Express App: If you want to activate American Express Gold Card through the American Express app
- Download the app from the Play Store or Apple store.
- Enter your Card details.
- Create a unique user id and password for your card account.
- Set a PIN for future transactions and click on the activate button.
- American Express Online Services: If you want to activate the card, online
- Go to https://Americanexpress.com/Confirmcard
- Enter your card details and set the PIN of your choice.
- Click on Activate for activating the card.
- By calling: If you are not comfortable with the above two methods, you can also use your phone for activating the card.
- Call on 1-800-419-2122 and follow the instructions of IVRS.
- Set your PIN and Activate your Card.
Features and Benefits of American Express Gold Card
American Express is known for its rewarding cards and best customer service, so if we are talking about the benefits of the American Express Gold Card it is here.
- You will get 75000 Membership Rewards points, on spending a minimum of $4000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
- Cardholders will receive 4X points on transactions made at qualifying restaurants worldwide.
- 4X points on groceries purchases at all the US supermarkets up to $25000 in a purchase year.
- On flight booking, users will earn 3X rewards points on Bookings made directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Other than these, users will also get some featured benefits like $120 Uber Cash to Dine or Ride, Dining credit of $120 on some specific locations like Grubhub, Seamless, Boxed and other participating partners.
- The card has no foreign transaction fee feature and offers $100 onsite credit for Dining and Spa treatments on qualifying hotel locations.
- Users also get the “Pay Over Time Option” through which users get a flexible payment option with interest. With this feature, users can pay in a set period charging a fixed fee on it.
Let’s have a look at the fees associated with American Express Gold Card
- The APR if using the Pay Over Time Feature: 15.99% to 22.99% depending upon your creditworthiness.
- APR for Cash Advances: 25.24% variable depending upon market prime rate.
- Interest Due date: minimum 25 days after the closing of each billing cycle.
- Annual fee: $250
- Cash Advance fee: 5% or $10 whichever is greater.
- Penalty on Late Payment: up to $40.
- Penalty on Returned payment: up to $40.
You can also add additional card members to your card. You don’t have to pay an annual fee for additional card members up to 5 cards if more than 5 $35 for each card.
For Whom American Express Gold Card is?
The American Express Gold Card is best for you if you regularly go out and dine out. If you are a frequent flyer, you can earn more airline and other rewards points. This card is also a great choice for people spending more at Supermarkets and who loves to earn rewards on their purchases.
You can also redeem these rewards points by transferring them to Amex Partners. So, If you can earn more points to justify the high annual fee of $250 then this card is definitely for you.
That’s all for today on the American Express Gold card, if you have any questions feel free to ask us in the comment box, we will try our best to answer your questions.
- American Express/activate
- American Express Gift Card
- American Express Customer Service
- American Express Credit Card